There are many opportunities in a school that can be pursued to make it a more green environment.
EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS | GROUNDSKEEPING | BIKING | FOOD SERVICE | PURCHASING | TRANSPORTATION | AIR QUALITY | GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS CALCULATORS
- Oklahoma Forestry Services Education Outreach: Resources for teachers on trees, Oklahoma Ecoregions and more.
- Oklahoma Project Learning Tree ( OK PLT): award winning, multi-disciplinary environmental education program for educators and students in PreK-grade 12.
- EPA, Natural Landscaping: An aesthetically exciting, ever-changing tapestry of hardy, primarily native plantings well adapted to the local climate and soil. It provides a cost effective alternative to conventional turf grass.
- OSU Cooperative Extension INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT (IPM) for schools: A school IPM program uses common sense strategies to take away things that a pest needs to live in school buildings and school grounds.
- The IPM Institute of North America, IPM for School Landscapes and Grounds: Downloadable, Manual I for school buildings, and Manual II for grounds.
- DEQ Edible School Garden Planning Guide: A planning guide for a school vegetable garden. Includes links to accompanying lessons.
- The Tree Bank Foundation: Several great tree projects are available, including Shade Trees on Playgrounds.