Oklahoma Green Schools Presentations and Resources
ENERGY EFFICIENCY RESOURCES
- DOE, How to Guide: Maximize Energy Savings in School Buildings : How schools can lower their operating costs of K-12 and community college facilities by employing energy efficient products and maintenance best practices.
- Alliance to Save Energy PowerSave Program: Empowers students to make a difference in the way their schools use energy.
- EPA, Energy Star™ for Schools: Site includes portfolio manager for benchmarking energy usage, success stories, recognition, educational materials, and much more.
- EPA Guide for Energy Efficiency Programs in K-12 Schools: This guide describes how local governments can work with school districts to improve energy efficiency in existing, renovated, and new K-12 schools; reduce energy costs; and create a range of environmental, economic, and educational benefits.
- A Pathway to Zero Energy Schools: information for schools that want to become zero energy “ready” by providing technical resources and guidance that results in ultra-efficient school buildings with reduced operating costs.
|DID YOU KNOW?
ENERGY EDUCATION / CURRICULA
- Oklahoma Gas and Electric (OG&E) Educational Resources: Offers a Teacher Grant Program and a 4th Grade Electric Safety Program
- Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO): 5th Grade Students and Teachers in PSO’s service territory are eligible to participate in the PSO Super Power Saver Kit Program.
- The NEED Project : Works with energy companies, agencies and organizations to bring balanced energy programs to the nation’s schools with a focus on strong teacher professional development, timely and balanced curriculum materials, signature program capabilities and turn-key program management.
- SpiritWind/KidWind: SpiritWind Kidz Ranch in Oklahoma works with the national KidWind Program to bring STEM based wind energy education to teachers and youth across Oklahoma.
- EPA, Energy Star™ (interactive) Kids Site: Primarily for elementary school students this interactive site includes games, puzzles, fun facts and more!
- The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) Energy for Kids: Excellent site for students, plus a teacher guide that provides energy lessons using this website as a resource. The guide provides Language Arts, Math, Performing Arts, Science and Social Studies extension activities by age levels: Primary (P), Elementary (E), Intermediate (I), and Secondary (S).
ENERGY RESOURCES FOR FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- ASHRAE Advanced Energy Design Guides for 50% Savings :The 50% Guides offer designers and contractors the tools needed for achieving a 50% energy savings compared to buildings that meet the minimum requirements of Standard 90.1-2004. This guide is available for free download after registering on the site.
- Green Schools Road Map: Lesson Plans and resources for teachers and schools.
ENERGY INCENTIVES FROM OKLAHOMA UTILITY COMPANIES
- Oklahoma Gas and Electric (OG&E) Save Energy & Money: OG&E offers a variety of programs for residential, commercial and school customers. These programs were designed to help decrease your electric bill all while creating a better energy future. Learn a little more about each program and choose the ones that are right for you. https://oge.com/wps/portal/oge/save-energy/
- Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO/AEP) Power Forward with PSO Programs :PSO offers a variety of rebates and incentives for energy efficiency improvements, ranging form LED light bulbs to attic insulation, replacing windows and doors, new energy saving appliances and more. These offers are available for home owners, business and schools. Find out more at http://www.powerforwardwithpso.com/