TRACK TWO: Energy Efficiency Action Plan for School Facilities
- Development of Green Action Plan for school campus. This will require involvement of building managers, school administrators and possibly even community involvement.
- Begin building management energy evaluation using ENERGY STAR PORTFOLIO MANAGER. This will be the first and most important step in developing Green Plan for your school.
- “No/Low Cost Strategies” put into action such as recycling, water use reduction, air quality improvements, etc.
- Search funding opportunities for completing energy efficient improvements. Implement plan to complete retrofits in areas providing best savings in energy efficiency (i.e. lighting, HVAC, windows, and more)
- Earn ENERGY STAR designation for your school campus.