Use these Resources: Take Action!
- Learning materials: Checklist of Environmental Actions for Schools
Printable Adult Personal EcoFootprint Calculator
Printable Eco-Footprint Quiz for upper elementary students
(for use with groups to complete and then discuss)
- Examine our Green Resources section of OK Green Schools website for action ideas/funding (headings match the five PLT Schools Investigations for navigation ease)
- Present student-designed report of findings and recommendations to school decision-makers
- Move into Track Two if ready to seek funding for energy efficiency and/or other major retrofits
- Develop and implement a SERVICE-LEARNING ACTION PROJECT from information generated by student findings
- Host an environmental teacher professional development workshop (PLT, WET, WILD, etc)
- Invite a guest speaker: energy professional, Farm-to-School program, etc
- Field trips: recycling center, compost facility, energy generation plant, etc.
- Outreach to community and home on collaborative ‘Green’ event